The weekend had its ups and downs with temps, but overall was beautiful! I enjoyed a bunch of “girl time” with my daughter while Daddy was out-of-town, and while I still got some things accomplished, time with her, family and friends wound up being the biggest accomplishment. It was much needed, as my weeks tend to be so busy that it’s tough to justify “playtime” when there’s always so much to do. Unfortunately, though, that meant the basement didn’t get any attention. I did manage to (finally) Armor-All the car (boy was it dusty!!!), started working on my tray (getting more and more excited for the finished product!), and just generally did some tidying up and housework.
I thought today, then, that I’d share a DIY that I’ve done now in two of my own houses. Both houses have large picture windows, and I found it difficult to find long enough rods without spending a lot of money. So in both cases I made my own! I wish I had before pics, but of course I wasn’t planning on blogging about this project when I did it.
Not having luck getting good pics today (and now the room is dark because kiddos are napping), but this is my picture window. (Ignore the tape holding up my spring pennant banner. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.)