This is not a sponsored post. I’m not getting reimbursed by Crio Bru for giving this raving review. (However if they’d like to send me some free stuff I’ll gladly accept. ;)) I recently read about this product on House of Smiths and when I read “brewed drink” and “cocoa” and “like coffee”…I was all, “Say, WHAT?! I’m in!”. Here’s what I’ve learned from that post, from the Crio Bru site, and from trying it myself.
What I love about Crio Bru…
- It’s chocolate. Need I say more? Similar to coffee or tea, this is a brewed drink, but it’s from ground cocoa beans rather than coffee beans or tea leaves.
- Instead of caffeine, you get a pick-me-up from the ingredient theobrine, a natural stimulant. It wakes me up but doesn’t give me jitters like coffee does. According to their site (benefits of Crio can be found here), unlike caffeine which is fast acting, strong, short lived and and addictive, theobrine is the opposite. It’s gentle, lasts longer, and isn’t addictive.
- It’s low-cal, low-carb, and has no fat, sugar, sodium, gluten, dairy or chemicals. 100% natural…woot!
- The cocoa beans used provide antioxidants and zinc to boost your immune system.
- Cocoa can help curb appetite and promote weight loss. According to Dr. Oz, brewed cocoa can even help burn calories. (Boy do I love these scientific studies about chocolate!)