I had hoped to share my favorite Christmas gifts by now, but want to use the new camera to take the pics and I’m still learning how to use it. I haven’t had a lot of time to sit and play, but enough that I apparently goofed up some setting and am not able to just point and shoot and get clear photos right now. Hopefully soon!
I mentioned this week that I’ll be taking a slightly different approach to projects this year in an attempt to simplify and stay on budget. As we prepare our house to eventually list and sell, the projects this year are going to be focused more on house upgrades and fixes rather than accumulating more “stuff” to put in it. We had started a list last year and Brad recently added some things. If we thought we were staying long-term there are other projects I’d love to do, but at this point we won’t recover our investment on major upgrades so just polishing up what’s here is the main focus.
- Grout tile behind stove (this wasn’t done by the previous owners, and since I had hoped we’d completely gut the kitchen and start over, this wasn’t on the priority list)
- Paint Faith’s room neutral (white)
- Touch-up paint throughout house
- Electrician – motion lights, garage lights, laundry light switch, disposal (Brad did some of his own work…now we need it done “right” ;))
- Bathroom – trim (the previous owners put in mismatched trim so we’d like to fix that) and repaint
- Gut and re-do bathroom built-in (I’d like this to have more shelves and be more functional)
- Paint kitchen cabinets & add open shelving (the one I can’t wait for!)
- If time – repaint house numbers and porch light & seal, repaint planters and add new potted plants