Quick post today because I have been having printer issues for over a week and need to take some time to troubleshoot that. Very much looking forward to a two-hour call with tech support. I also put off grocery shopping so I need to work on my list for tonight (and don’t have a printer to print coupons!). First world problems here.
Before we headed out for Labor Day weekend, I finally got a coat of primer on my pegboard. I honestly could have had it close to done last week, but the heat just sucked the life out of me, and I’ve still been debating on the direction for the paint for it. But I’m so ready to have it finished so I’m pushing myself to wrap it up this week.
After we returned from our weekend yesterday, my hubby got busy building the frame for the backside of the pegboard. (This keeps the board out from the wall so that there is room to put the pegs in and out without scratching it.)
|Backside framed out|
I’m probably going to screw up the details on this, but in a nutshell he attached 1×2’s (I think) on the backside, all the way around the board. I didn’t want any wider so as to not sacrifice any more usable peg space than necessary. I have a lot of plans for this board! Since you won’t see these boards except from the side, we chose the cheapest available. They’re rough and have some cracks, so you wouldn’t want this kind of wood on the front. Sounds like there was a lot more work involved than just that (grinding nails so they wouldn’t go through the front side, for example), but I’ll just summarize by saying that I’m thankful to have a handy hubby who can do this stuff for me.