My spring cleaning is going to be minimal at the moment as I focus on getting a monthly meal plan in place, but since I’ve been working full-time away from home, the house has been quite neglected and needs a good cleaning…even if I can’t get to ALL of it right now. One of my favorite things for making my house smell amazingly fresh when deep-cleaning is Purification essential oil from Young Living!
Purification is a blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Melaleuca (tea tree), Lavandin (a type of Lavender) and Myrtle essential oils that makes a fresh, uplifting combo for cleaning and purifying your home! It’s even great for your skin! Here are some ways that you can use Purification:
- Add 10 or so drops into a shaker container (can be a mason jar with holes punched in the lid) with baking soda. Sprinkle on carpets, wait 10 minutes and then vacuum. Your carpets (and your home) will smell so clean and fresh!
- Add a couple drops to wool dryer balls to freshen laundry.
- Diffuse to neutralize stubborn and lingering odors in the home (the fresh smell motivates me, too!).
- Add several drops to a spray bottle filled with water and spray to eliminate unpleasant smells like smoke, mildew and stale food odors.
- Using the same method as above, spray down a tent that’s been in storage all year to freshen it up.
- Use in DIY outdoor spray (hello, Citronella! ;)).
- Massage 1-2 drops to moisturize dry skin.
- For stinky shoes, add a few drops of Purification to arrowroot powder and sprinkle into shoes. Tap shoes to cover the insole and leave overnight.
- Add Purification to cotton balls and place into vents, drawers, shoes…anywhere that needs freshening up.
- Add several drops to homemade deodorant.
- Add several drops to a roller bottle with a carrier oil or put a couple drops in a bit of coconut oil and wear to support feelings of happiness, comfort and confidence! (Also supports release of negative or erroneous thoughts.)
- Apply diluted with a carrier oil to the abdomen to support urinary tract health.
- Diffuse at bedtime (alone or combined with Lavender) to create a calm environment for sleep.
This time of year, especially, I love to diffuse Purification. The fresh aroma makes it feel like spring (whether the temperatures feel like it or not) and it motivates me to clean!
Interested in how to obtain this or any other Young Living products? You can contact me to place an order or request to join my Facebook group, My Blissful Oily Space, for more information and upcoming Facebook classes!