School got out for my daughter and daycare girls last week. I didn’t feel ready for it…had hoped to be caught up on my own stuff before I had more kids home, assuming that would take me farther behind. It’s actually going really well, though, and I’m getting quite a bit done this past couple of days! The girls got out at 11:00 Friday so we celebrated with a picnic at the park with friends. It was nice having a longer afternoon without having to run anywhere, especially since I had birthday cake to make! Monday was Faith’s birthday, so the weekend was spent celebrating that…first with her class Saturday afternoon for a gymnastics party (will share pics in another post), then again yesterday by going to the zoo with the daycare kids and going out for pizza as a family.
Sunday The Bestie and I went shopping for a belated birthday shopping day for me…with NO KIDS. It was pretty great, though we were slightly disgusted to realize that even shopping without kids we were grocery shopping and getting mostly practical things. No mall shopping for us! But it was productive, we got to eat and shop where we wanted (no toy aisles!), and we didn’t have to cut the day short for a toddler that needed a nap. I even managed to find a swimming suit without too much agony! ☺ I also picked up some new chairs for the deck…will be sharing those as soon as I finish the table that will go between! Guess what color they are??? #howwelldoyouknowme #turquoise
So this is day #2 being home with the girls with nowhere to go. It has been FABULOUS. The weather’s gorgeous, they’ve been playing quite well together (especially being in odd numbers…child #4 is back next week and will even things out), and I’m getting a lot done. Here’s a little list of my progress since last week (not counting birthday party prep)…
- Planted herbs in pots
- Dresser is stripped
- Painted canvas for our bedroom (two more to go)
- Cleaned house (that’s a feat lately, believe me!)
- Emptied downstairs basket (the basket on the wall that corrals things to go downstairs…still had Valentines in it!)
- Clearing surfaces, like my desk
- Made bath salts & body wash
- …and then all the normal household things, like grocery shopping, laundry, and paying bills.
My immediate plans for this week include…
- Continuing to clear piles
- Finish up DIY projects (two canvases for bedroom, one for front door that’s about done, a wedding gift, and the dresser for the living room)
- Finish spray painting metal patio table to go between new chairs (guess that’s another DIY!)
- June budget (Brad and I struggle talking about finances and coming to solutions, but we’re making headway and getting on the same page!)
- Summer daily routine (I want to create a routine again to maximize my time and get life back under control…this will start next week)
- Small organizing projects
Once I get caught up on all that and have my daily routine in place, plus starting next Tuesday I’ll be getting up at 5:15 am again for one of my daycare girls, then I plan to get back to my blog training course. I have felt so defeated as I’ve received the emails counting down the weeks of the training and then finally its completion a couple weeks ago. It’s an “at your own pace” kind of course so I’m still “fine”, but those that stayed on track each week are done. I hate being behind. 🙁 I’m determined to finish the course this summer, though. I also have work to do for my friend and organizing client, Dean Jacobs. No shortage of stuff to do here!
Going back to check stuff off the list! I’ll try to share Faith’s birthday pics and party details in the next couple of days, and my new deck chairs soon as well!