I had plans for my Saturday. Plans that did NOT include organizing or cleaning the kitchen. Rather, I had plans to finish up the in-progress projects that needed more immediate attention, like the daycare photo books that I didn’t complete for Christmas as intended, and studying for my fitness theory & practice exam that I need to take this week for Jazzercise recertification.
I also got the cupboard above the fridge organized (no pics of that) and changed the cupboard above the stove a bit. There is more to do but for now I’m happy that the pantry shelves are only as deep as my containers…so there’s no way of putting clutter in front of them! There are a few “loose” items but they’re not things I typically have around, so we’ll eat those up and then the pantry will look even better.
As far as other kitchen plans, here’s my list…
- Paint kitchen cupboards (not the color of the swatches I made on the cupboard door gere…I switched gears)
- Add open shelving at the end of the above-pictured cupboard for additional storage (pretty dishes), and possibly do the same style of open shelving in the “coffee bar” area
- Finally grout the tile by the stove
- Paint/paper the inside of the pantry and paint shelves to brighten things up
- Order containers for pantry and freezer (already picked out!)
- Strip paint from back door (off the kitchen) – currently has rose stencils on it (bleh!)