One of the things I wanted to accomplish with my 31 Days series was to just wrap up uncompleted projects that have been lying around or staring me in the face for months, even over a year. A couple were bigger, others I managed to finish in a short enough time frame that I wondered what my hold-up was!
Those shorter projects included getting photos in our dog’s ornament and her stocking. I finally decided yesterday to order pics right that moment and get them picked up at Walgreens, which I managed to do last night. I came home and immediately put the pics where they belonged…done! Why do we procrastinate such quick, simple things??
A couple, somewhat larger, but still very manageable, projects got completed in the last week or two. I had big plans last year for some DIY Christmas decorations, and got as far as collecting the supplies. I was reminded of those projects as I purged the basement this year, and decided they were getting done!
The first was this sweater wreath. I inherited a few sweaters from an organizing client that was otherwise going to donate them to Goodwill. There are so many cute sweater projects on Pinterest and in addition to a wreath, there were several other projects I pinned, including covering some throw pillows with sweaters. #likethatsgonnahappen This wreath started out differently in my mind but slowly came together to be what it is now, and it was an easy project. Unfortunately, as is my tendency, I failed to get pics of the process…hey, when I finally get going I hit the ground running or it won’t happen! 😉
I wanted the pretty knit cables to show on the wreath, and only the top half of the sweater had them, so that was the part I used. I just cut the sweater into two sections and hot-glued them to the wreath, having them meet halfway. (The skis cover where the two pieces overlap…strategic decorating. ;)) The skis were a Target Dollar Spot find (for $3, also hot-glued on), and then I used plaid ribbon that I found at Hobby Lobby and just love to tie it up to the hanger.
|Photo-bombing dog 😉|
The other project was this Joy sign that required my hubby’s assistance. I found the inspiration on Pinterest, of course. The original can be found here. Brad put the wood background together for me, and the grapevine wreath, letters, boxwood and berry sprigs were from Hobby Lobby. I painted the letters and put the greenery and berries on the wreath, then he distressed the letters for me and nailed everything to the board. It was all relatively quick and is a nice-sized accent for our front porch!
It feels good to get more checked off the list and my motivation continues! I’ve already started my Christmas break project list. 😉