Hopefully this post finds all of you relaxed and rested from a fun 4th of July weekend! We stayed at my husband’s family’s new cabin on the river, and while we had a lot of fun, it also meant not a lot of sleep and a good case of allergies. At least I think that’s what it is. It’s sucked the life out of me so I wasn’t able to teach Jazzercise this morning, and after four days of eating not-entirely-healthy food, I really needed my workout! I’m glad to have just Faith and Mya today (the other three daycare kids are off or on vacation), and I hope to rest up and be back in the game tomorrow.
I realized that I haven’t posted updated kitchen cabinet pics yet! The kitchen isn’t done, so that’s part of the reason, and the final two cabinet doors just got put back about a week ago. There’s still a fair amount of work to be done, but I am really happy with the transformation so far! The white paint really brightens up the kitchen. Friends that came over last weekend said the kitchen seems bigger.
Here’s what we have left to work on:
- Clean up the paint overspray on the wood floors and trim. (We just haven’t had time to try the Murphy’s Oil Soap that my friend recommended yet.)
- Repaint the walls. (This wasn’t in the original plans but we had overspray on the walls as well, and now that the cabinets are done I think I want the walls white, too.)
- Paint/refinish garage sale baker’s rack that I purchased. (Had hoped to add open shelving but the plaster walls make it impossible to find studs, so hubby says it’s a no-go. 🙁 With white on the walls I can make this cabinet a fun color and can have some dishes out on it…can’t wait!)
- Add missing piece of trim on end of upper cabinet. (The previous owners failed to add this piece, so we need to do that to finish the cabinets off.)
- Paint back door. (Bye-bye rose stencil!)
- Fix corner of one cabinet door. (Someone…ok, ME…may have dropped one of the doors after they got painted and dinged up a corner. Brad will have to rebuild the corner and repaint it. *sigh*)
- Rolling crates for pantry floor storage/organization. (I’ve had this planned for a lot time. Just need to do it already!)
- Change out lighting. (We haven’t discussed the fluorescent light in the kitchen just yet, but I’d like it gone, and we have plans for swapping out the ceiling fan over the dining table. The goal is to do it without having to deal with retexturing the ceiling but I’m optimistic!)
|cabinet door that needs fixed 🙁|
The Clark & Kensington Paint is doing great, and the finish with the Wagner Flexio sprayer looks awesome. I still need to sit down with Brad and work on a couple posts about the sprayer and a little tip he came up with while putting the doors back on. I’ve been bad about using a blog planner this year and I think I need to get back to it before more planned posts and projects fall through the cracks! Maybe I’ll go work on that now… 😉