I’m trying really hard to get back into daily blogging, but I also want to get away from posting just for the sake of doing it (hence why no post yesterday). I’d rather post two quality posts a week than five crappy ones. (Can I get an amen?) I’ve been less-than-impressed with myself the past few months as my busyness has creeped into my productivity and therefore my better blog posts. But we live and learn and I’m moving on from here, and while I can’t post project pictures every day, there are a lot of projects going on…and I will eventually share! So I thought for today I’d just touch base and let you know what I’m working on right now…
- Last night we completed the ALS ice bucket challenge. Not really a project but it was a “to do” after I was nominated by my brother, and it was a hoot! Check that off the list!
- I decided to sell my mint desk so I’ve been working on moving the contents elsewhere. I think I’ve found a spot for everything that will still make sense and be accessible from where I work (usually the couch and coffee table!).
- While my pegboard command station was cute and semi-functional, there were many unused aspects. I’m in the process of transforming it in a way that it will be more utilized. It’s going to get a new paint job eventually as well.
- Still working on painting the kitchen. Actually I still haven’t taped half of the woodwork off. We had hoped to camp this weekend but it looks like it’s going to be hot and rainy, so I should have an entire weekend to paint. Sad about camping, thrilled to have time to get things checked off the list!
- I haven’t started on the baker’s rack that will go in the kitchen but that’s also on the docket for the weekend.
- I’ve been a Mary Kay consultant for about three years now, but I haven’t pursued it as a business in a long time. I love (and will still use) the products, and I love the discount, but decided that in the long run I’m probably not making it worth what I’m saving. The little bit of inventory I have (it truly is minimal and at least 30% is stuff I will use myself) is taking up valuable storage real estate, and most of the people that order from me are family that I give a large discount to. By the time I pay for shipping and/or make deliveries here-and-there, I just don’t think it’s worth my time and money. Soooo…I have decided to sell of my remaining inventory, put in one last order for my customers, and resign as a consultant. I spent some time this morning making a list of inventory so that I know what I have to get rid of, and will be emailing customers today!
- I’ve also been trying to get back on top of blog organization and training. I have a slew of online courses to watch, and managed to squeeze in a few training emails/blog posts this week. I love learning and always want to improve on the things I love doing, and I just haven’t had a lot of time to do that lately. I hope to gradually get caught up with those things and implement what I’m learning as I go. I’m utilizing my new planner to schedule blog posts (with flexibility, however, because life happens!) and have lots of other things on the brain that I’d like to do as well to make me better as a blogger and make my blog better for my readers.